The Muckle Haa (Shetland dialect for 'big house') is a spacious and cosy room which functions as a dining and common room for visitors. It is equipped with tea and coffee-making facilities, fridge, Freesat TV and wifi. It also has a separate entrance and access to the garden. Adjacent is a newly-refurbished bedroom with double bed, wetroom and shower. At the south end of the house is the Peerie Haa with two single bedrooms and a shared shower room.
Included in your stay at The Old Post Office:
- A hearty Shetland breakfast with vegetarian preferences welcome
- All bacon and sausages are from RSPCA/SSPCA monitored farms
- Cereals, drop scones, fruit juices, porridge and fresh fruit with tea, coffee and hot chocolate included
- Ample car parking and storage for bikes
- The Old Post Office is a non-smoking home, for the comfort of residents and guests
- The Old Post Office has a spacious garden where well-behaved owners and dogs are welcome to exercise. We have provided a 'dog poo bin' next to the field gate for owners to pick up their own dog's waste, so that the field stays hygienic.
- Please be aware that the back garden is also a home to our hens and to wild visiting ducks.